Friday, February 3, 2012

Today with all the snow falling down here in town, I had more than a few hours to consider what might be important in making my final film. I read Bresson for a little while, then began thinking about a class I had last semester, called "Italian Culture Through Cinema". Likely one of the best classes I have ever taken at CU. Not only did I get to watch the best of Italian films made from the early 50's through current times, but it was taught by Tina Pugliese, who really showed me that every single thing you put into your film has it's place. Symbolism abounds in Italian films, not to forget emotion, color, silence, movement and yes, subtlety; all those things that make my heart beat extra fast when it comes to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, ideas, shares, etc. I trust you all who visit to be constructive in your critiques, and most of all, no negative or smutty kind of postings please! Sally