Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello all, Sally here. I realized that I had not yet described the film I am planning for my final film project here at CU Boulder. After having done various short 16 mm films, digital short films, etc, I realized that for the last two years I have been dreaming about making a musical portrait of one of my favorite writer/performers, Jeff Finlin. The idea for this film came about as I sat about one day pondering just what it might be that propels, compels an artist to write they way he/she does. The other question that arose was how does an music listener process the music and words. Is it images? Experiences? Is it primal? I ended up feeling that from my experiences of being lucky to work with some of the best writers of song, this was hard to answer, so this film is a somewhat experimental (like all my short films) approach to exploring this question. Some of the film will be shot on 16mm, some on digital, and hopefully include archival super 8. As you scroll through, you will see ideas form, images appear, etc. As the blog moves forward, hopefully so will this film! Thanks for taking time to read this, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, ideas, shares, etc. I trust you all who visit to be constructive in your critiques, and most of all, no negative or smutty kind of postings please! Sally